Sunday 26 March 2017

Choose Your Adventure - Geek Retreat - 26th March. Update.

As you all know, I'm trying to attend Geek Retreat in Birmingham on the last Sunday of each month. I'm offering to run RPGs to try and get more people into our hobby.

So it I turned up today at noon - when the cafe opens - intending to stay until about 5pm. I was out with my wonderful wife in the evening.

Though I was ready, as always, to offer a range of introductory adventures, basically the simple demo steampunk game went so well that we all agreed to keep playing. The wonderful players - spanning from a guy nearly as old as me who'd played Golden Heroes in the 1980s to a young lady new to the hobby - ditched the pregenerated characters and made their own and we played a stonking steampunk adventure until I had to leave at around teatime.

Thanks guys!

I hope they turn up with their characters at a future event at some point. I'd love to continue the adventure. (There's something weird atop that mountain, and you've got a captured Zeppelin......)

ATM I'm not sure if I'll be there at the end of April. I may have a clashing convention. Watch this space. However, I have pointed them all at the Indie RPG session (9th April) and Pathfinder (16th April). I'm sure they'll find either of these fun if they turn up.

No comments:

Post a Comment