Sunday 26 February 2017

Kickstarter - things no-one tells you

So I launched my first Kickstarter today.

Things they don't tell you:

1. There is very little structure in the initial setup. I was expecting lots of separate sections to fill in but, basically, it's just one long document called "your story". You format the stretch goals, images etc. yourself. Minor but worth knowing.

2. The site tells you it takes 3 days to get approval. My project was approved in 3 minutes. Took me by surprise. I guess easy low target ones like RPG rulebooks are checked by an automated process.

3. And the irritating one....... as soon as you go live hordes of vultures descend offering to promote your project - all offering you a "special offer". I've reported all off them to KS as spam but I doubt it'll change anything.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment