Saturday 4 February 2017

Geek Retreat 29th January

Another thing I forgot to post about:

As I said, last Sunday I went to Geek Retreat in Birmingham to offer to run RPGs.

It was a bit slower than I'd hoped. My plan to run a sprawling drop in drop out game across the day never materialised. But I got to introduce a 6 player table to D&D using The Black Hack and Matt Colville's "Delian Tomb". And run a short Steampunk game.

Chris Dean, my "gaming nephew", was there running his "I Love the Corps" game, and I got to sample this at last. I joined in as a player so we could get a game going.

Great fun! He doesn't have a "Constitution" stat - in his game it's called "Drop and give me 50". As always, his table rapidly filled with enthralled, happy, players. They requested a follow up, so it looks like HE'S got a regular group there. I'll be back in February, to give it another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment