Sunday 25 June 2017

Geek Retreat Sunday 25th April 2017

Large oak trees from small acorns....

I've been coming to Geek Retreat on the last Sunday of each months ever since Spaghetti ConJunction. I offer to run short demonstration games from my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I missed last month due to other commitments.

Up to now I've run a few short games but it hadn't taken off. Today it did - and how!

It started with three players playing my standard one hour demo of "D&D" using The Black Hack. Two of them were just cutting their teeth on Pathfinder and wanted to see how another GM ran a game.

Shortly after the game started, another player joined and just before the final climax a fifth. I came close to a TPK (Total Player Kill) but careful play by the players of the last two characters standing saved my blushes.

All five players LOVED it and wanted to keep playing. So they all made their own characters and we embarked on a longer adventure. "Falcon's Peak" from Dungeon magazine. Shortly after starting were joined by a SIXTH player. When two players had to leave we they kindly handed their characters to two MORE people who wanted to play. So we had a total of EIGHT players playing over a period of 6 hours or so. All of whom said they loved it and most asking about future events.

Geek Retreat was also host to Nintendo, Pokemon and ARM events today and was the busiest I've seen it, outside SCJ itself.


Touch wood, my small acorn has finally started to sprout.

No comments:

Post a Comment